One of the easiest EZPZ dishes to come out of the Happy Hearts’ Kitchen, this butternut squash bisque is simply heavenly as an appetizer or as a full meal served with salad.
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 med. butternut squash- unpeeled, seeded, chopped
- 2 large tart apples peeled, chopped
- 1 small onion peeled, chopped
- sprig of rosemary
- AOOC Butter or Tuscan Herb OO
- 3/4 cup cream or half &half (optional)
- Bring a soup pot or dutch oven to medium high heat. Add AOOC Olive oil to cover bottom and sauté onion.
- Combine squash, stock, apples, and rosemary. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Remove rosemary sprig from soup, puree in food processor or blender.
- Finish this soup with the cream for a full bisque consistency or leave out to keep this soup vegan friendly.