A delicious cookie recipe from the Happy Hearts Kitchen, the cherry balsamic chocolate frosting really brings something different to the cookie game. Tangy, sweet, and oh so good to eat!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 30 maraschino cherries, blotted dry
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp AOOC Black Cherry Dark Balsamic
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together butter and sugars until fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture a little at a time, beating until well combined.
- Shape into 24 balls, about 1″ round, and place on ungreased or parchment paper lined baking sheets. Slightly indent each ball with one of your fingers and then push one cherry into each ball.
- Bake at 350° for 10 to 11 minutes. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a small, heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; add balsamic and stir until smooth. Add additional maraschino cherry juice if necessary to reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle frosting over cooled cookies or alternately, transfer the frosting to a pastry bag and pipe over the cookies for a more uniform look.
Store cookies in an airtight container.