Simple, sweet and full of options to customize, baked pears are excellent as an appetizer or to finish of a hearty meal! With Abingdon Olive Oil Company’s 86 different Olive Oils and Balsamic Vinegars the Happy Hearts Kitchen has plenty of options! However this recipe originally started with a whole bunch of folks that loved the Cinnamon Pear Balsamic over bleu cheese in the center of a delectable pear.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Halve pears, slice the round bottom so they lay flat. Remove center pit with a rounded spoon, leaving stem for decoration if preferred.
- Coat in Olive Oil and bake pears for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove Pears and let cool slightly, add mascarpone/bleu cheese to the center.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts and drizzle with Sicilian Lemon BV, return to oven for 10-15 minutes until toasted/caramelized.
- Remove and serve with a drizzling of AOOC Cinnamon Pear or Raspberry BV with fresh raspberries.
Makes 4 servings