A healthy treat for kids after school or something tasty to keep with you in case of a snack attack, these little squares are sure to delight the palette. The Happy Hearts Kitchen recommends trying your favorite AOOC Fused, Infused, or EVOO to cater to your personal tastes!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling out the dough
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground fine black pepper (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups aged, shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 cup garlic AOOC Garlic OO or oil of your preference like Herbs de Provence or Tuscan Herb
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times to distribute. Add the cheeses and pulse again to finely chop the cheese into the dry ingredients. Add the oil(s) and continue to pulse until the oil is incorporated thoroughly.
- Gather and press the dough into two flat discs. Wrap each disc and chill for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment. Roll out one disk at a time to 1/4″ thick.
- Cut into squares, rounds – whatever floats your boat. The way you choose to cut the crackers will not affect their taste.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges become golden.
Serve and Enjoy!