Peanut butter is a pantry staple for most folks. If you have kids, chances are you have a few jars stashed in the cupboard. What many people don’t know is that the average jar of name brand peanut butter contains loads of dangerous hydrogenated fats, sodium and sugar.
The following recipe is developed using fresh, high-phenolic EVOO. When the right olive oil is used for this recipe, its’ flavor takes a back seat to the rich flavor of roasted peanuts. You will be hard pressed to detect it and your heart will thank you for the change.
- 2 Cups roasted, unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
- 1 Tbs. granulated sugar(optional)
- 1/4 cup AOOC EVOO
- Place the peanuts in the jar of your blender. Add the salt and sugar if using.
- Pour the olive oil over the peanuts and wait 30 seconds until the oil flows to the bottom of the jar.
- Turn the blender on high. Process until the desired level of creaminess or up to two minutes for super creamy peanut butter. It may be necessary to turn of the blender a few times and scrape down the sides of the blender jar.
- Store tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 6 weeks.
Makes 1 1/2 cups natural peanut butter