The possibilities for using the Abingdon Olive Oil Company’s balsamics in desserts are phenomenal, and when we taste ice cream in store customers are always surprised to find out how delicious it can be when used as a topping. A reduction is a step beyond, and to find out that the Pumpkin Spice Balsamic works well in this fashion opened whole new doors for the Happy Hearts Kitchen.
- AOOC Pumpkin Spice BV
- AOOC Blood Orange Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Spice BV Candied Pecans
- Cinnamon sticks and mandarin oranges for garnish
- In a nonstick pot on medium heat add a drizzle of Blood Orange OO and 1/4 cup Pumpkin Spice BV.
- Heat stirring with a spatula until bubbles begin to form and the mixture becomes thicker, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Scoop ice cream, and add garnish.
- Drizzle reduction over the ice cream and enjoy! This same recipe works amazingly well over pumpkin muffins or any pastry, as well as savory dishes like our Pumpkin Spice BV Marinated Pork Chops.