The pecans pictured above are so amazingly sweet, warm and welcoming. Abingdon Olive Oil Company has a wide variety of balsamic that make amazing reductions but we had never thought to use them to candy nuts until now! Pumpkin Spice BV is useful for more than just your typical fall recipes by adding cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice to whatever dish you prepare.
For this example photo we went a little heavy on the amount of glaze but our recipe uses a little less so you can have a perfectly coated cup of pecans.
- 1/4cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp AOOC Blood Orange OO
- 1 Tbsp AOOC Pumpkin Spice BV
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Prepare a parchment lined baking sheet, set aside.
- In a non-stick skillet on med-high heat reduce sugar, Blood Orange, Pumpkin spice BV, salt stirring until sugar dissolves and bubbles form in the syrup, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add pecans and stir until completely coated.
- Transfer to parchment to cool and pull apart to enjoy!