Ward away the ick that comes along this time of year with a nutrient dense chili that’s guilt free and oh-so full of flavor! This vegetarian chili has tons of protein, vitamins, and beneficial phenols from a high quality EVOO.
- 1/2 cup AOOC Picual
- 2 cups chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Dash of Salt
- 2 cups frozen corn (thawed)
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat the AOOC Picual EVOO in a large soup pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion and season with the chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the corn, stir it around, and cook for 5 minutes so it picks up the flavors of the onion and herbs.
- Add the tomatoes and all the beans and stir to combine. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 45 minutes to deepen and blend the flavors.
- For an extra Hot Zezty Flavor to the Vegetarian Chili, drizzle AOOC Baklouti Green Chili Fused Olive Oil! Serve and Eat!