A great way to warm up after the cold and wet weather of winter is to sit down to enjoy a warm, filling, nutritious meal. This salad aims to please with it’s flavors, a combination of many favorites in a gorgeous and green dish.
- 1/2 Kale bunch (about 4-5 leaves) with ribs removed, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- AOOC Pumpkin Spice BV Candied Pecans (optional)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 medium Acorn squash seeded and sliced into rings
- 2 Lime wedges
- AOOC Blood Orange Fused OO
- AOOC Pumpkin Spice BV
- Seasonal EVOO
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Marinate the squash for 15 minutes on a parchment lined cookie sheet with a hefty drizzle of Blood Orange OO and Pumpkin Spice BV.
- Bake squash for 30 minutes flipping once halfway through.
- While the squash is cooking, assemble your other ingredients.
- Begin to massage the kale with your hands, rolling the leaves and releasing all rigidity for about 5 minutes.
- Add Pecans, Onion, Cranberries, a squeeze of the limes and the Acorn squash while it’s warm.
- lightly drizzle with EVOO and add salt and pepper to taste
Enjoy! Serves 3-4 people.